2020 has been a rough year for so many, which is why I’m personally making a goal of purchasing gifts from small businesses this year. If you need some ideas, I’ve listed a few of my favourite small businesses and gift ideas below (in no particular order).
1. Everlay Jewelry A female-owned and operated handmade jewelry brand designed in Squamish, BC. Shop here
2. Uncle Studios Elevated everyday wear, made ethically and sustainably in Toronto, ON. One of my favourite pieces from their current collection is this cozy crewneck. Shop here
3. Saltyface Gradual Face Tan We won’t be able to travel to sunny destinations for the foreseeable future, but we can create the illusion that we’ve just stepped off the plane from Tulum. Saltyface is a new brand based out of Vancouver, BC who created this clean, vegan-friendly face tan. Shop here
4. Mary Young Ethically made, Canadian loungewear and intimates brand that celebrates female bodies of all shapes and sizes. Shop here
5. Sam James Coffee (or your favourite local coffee shop!) Rather than buying Starbucks gift cards this year, consider purchasing gift cards or bags of beans from your favourite local coffee shop for stocking stuffers! A few of my favourite Toronto-based coffee companies: Sam James Coffee Bar, The Common, Pilot Coffee Roasters, Nile Coffee Club.
6. F. Miller Necessity Kit A travel-friendly set of daily skincare essentials by minimalist skincare brand, F. Miller – a Toronto-based company. Everything about their brand from the branding, to packaging, to the products themselves is impeccable! Shop here
7. J.Hannah MET Mini Nail Polish Set A nail polish and museum collab?! Say no more. How fun are these mini’s? This collection was inspired by “a blurred timeline of fashion history — an exploration of the ornamental through palette, texture, and symbolism.” Shop here
8. Madalyn Face Oil Luxury, natural, small batch skincare from Toronto, ON. Shop here
9. Fable Dinnerware It’s difficult to find quality, affordable dinnerware. What drew me to Fable was the imperfect shapes and organic nature of these sets. All of their products are designed in Vancouver, BC and made in Portugal. Shop here
10. Mumgry Nut Butters Handcrafted, ethically sourced nut butters that prioritize the dietary needs of Moms throughout every stage of motherhood. Shop here
& From Beginning Architectural Candles Small Vancouver company selling dried flowers, vases, pampas grass, and candles. Love these unique candle shapes! Shop here
12. Vitruvi Stone Diffuser and essential oil Blend Kits I have my diffuser on constantly at my bedside. Give the gift of aromatherapy this season. P.S. I have a discount code for 20% off all products! Use ‘VitruviXLindsay’ at checkout when you shop here.
13. Billy’s Treats Healthy dog treat made using only use human-grade ingredients, free from gluten, wheat, syrups, preservatives and additives. Shop here
14. Cocktail Emporium Deluxe Gold Bar Tools Set We’re all staying home, so we might as well shake up some yummy [festive] cocktails! Cocktail Emporium also has some incredible drink recipes on their site if you need inspiration. Shop here
15. Gotcha Covered Handmade Masks Reversible, ethical, eco-friendly face coverings, made in Toronto, ON Shop here
16. Summer School Ceramics Cute collection of mugs and handmade homewares. Shop here
17. TightClub Livestream Group Fitness Classes One of my favourite gyms when I was living in Vancouver was TightClub. They are now offering online live group classes, which is truly the perfect gift for the fitness lover in your life. They have 5, 10, and 20 pack options. Shop here
18. Victoria Sequeira Art Beautiful, minimalist abstract and line work paintings by Toronto-based illustrator and painter. Shop here